A blog about things I like

If you are interested in quilting, patchwork, children's literature and books in general, you've come to the right blog.

Monday 10 September 2018

my outback wife haul

So I heard that Outback Wife, a fabulous range by an Australian designer, would no longer be produced and I freaked out and went and ordered a bit too much. 
Posting some pics here in an effort to be accountable!
First up the beautiful Kristine in green. This is a barkcloth and it’s talking to me about Christmas with its rich red roses and green tones with accents of gold. 
I snapped up a fair bit of this, and have already cut out a miss fox dress from Aus pattern designer 1 Puddle Lane. I love Kristine so much I went to the effort of making a toile of the bodice first!
Beautifully packaged parcel from East Coast Fabrics

 Cut out and ready to sew. That’s the cutting table at TAFE which has seen better days!

Next up I ordered some more Outback wife from Darn Cheap Fabrics, and once more it arrived in pristine condition. The lovely green at the top is a blend of merino and cotton, and I plan to make a dress (just deciding what pattern to use). The green in the middle is already being made up into a Gypsum skirt from Sew Liberated, and the brown one? Well, I don’t often wear brown so I will have to think about that some more. The main think is I bought some before it all disappeared forever!


Here is the fabric at the shop,


it was an agonising decision!

And some inspiration I found from other seamstresses by searching #outbackwife on insta, these are the four fabrics I chose, it is so lovely to be able to see them sewn up. I love instagram for finding sewing ideas!






No comments:

Post a Comment