A blog about things I like

If you are interested in quilting, patchwork, children's literature and books in general, you've come to the right blog.

Monday 10 September 2018

DIBY club jeans

I considered the sewing of a pair of jeans to be a major challenge, so much so that I avoided it for many years. When it came time to construct a complicated garment for an assessment item at TAFE I thought it was the perfect opportunity to take up the challenge. In the end, the jeans were not that hard to sew, thanks to brilliant instructions in the pattern and some gorgeous fabric.
I bought the pattern and fabric together in a bundle along with the zip, studs and rivets.
Of course, using an industrial sewing machine helped a lot, but I think I can happily make another pair at home just perhaps not the belt loops (they were really tricky due to the many thicknesses of fabric). Be warned - it used a whole stack of top stitching thread, way more than I had accounted for.
I chose the Dauphine skinny jeans pattern from DIBY (do it better yourself) club. The fabric is super duper stretchy.
I am thrilled with how they turn out and I am planning to make a second pair in black just as soon as I can afford the fabric.
PS. sorry about all the close up shots of my bum in this post, but I’m kinda proud of my pockets!!






Pattern:dauphine skinny jeans
Designer: DIBY club
Fabric :medium wash comfort stretch denim from DIBYclub (made in USA and stretches about 30%)

No comments:

Post a Comment