A blog about things I like

If you are interested in quilting, patchwork, children's literature and books in general, you've come to the right blog.

Friday 11 October 2019

Fun with French terry

I love French terry - it’s that stuff that looks like normal tshirt fabric on the outside but on the inside there are little tiny loops like a towel. The loops give the fabric an extra soft feel and add an insulating layer of trapped air. It also reminds me of the 70s when I had quite a few FT garments - shorts and a little tie top singlet come to mind.

For this beautiful FT from Zingara Organic Fabric, I didn’t want a pattern with too many pieces, sometimes less is more and a simple dress can really let the fabric design shine. The Kussecht dress from Jojolino was perfect - only one piece for both front & back, simple dolman sleeves, a facing at the neckline and it’s done. A quick and easy sew that looks good on a curvy figure (well I like it anyway!)




 

I used the same pattern earlier this year for a FT dress, this one has long sleeves for winter




And back in January I made a sleeveless cotton Lycra dress, which I just love 





I do have a couple more French terry creations to show you but they’re patterns which are currently in testing so you’ll have to wait for them to be released for sale. Stay tuned! 

All fabric from the amazing Zingara Organic Fabric online shop, based in NZ 
Highly recommended! 
And the pattern is Kussecht (I think means kiss?!) from Jojolino, based in Germany. Warning- you must add seam allowance! And the instructions are in German, but it’s an easy one to sew. 
https://www.makerist.de/patterns/ebook-kussecht-gr-32-46

No comments:

Post a Comment