A blog about things I like

If you are interested in quilting, patchwork, children's literature and books in general, you've come to the right blog.

Sunday 13 October 2019

Dora the Explorer

I have accepted a position as a brand ambassador for Rebecca Page patterns. This sounds pretty glamorous, but what it really means is that each month I receive a free pattern and in exchange I provide modelled photos and some promotion.
In September I sewed the Dora dress, which is a class fit and flare style. I really love the shape of the neckline, the cap sleeves, and the deep V at the back. For my first version, after making a toile, I used my precious Outback Wife 'Elizabeth' print, which I have been hoarding for quite some time now. It is a beautiful brown cotton barkcloth, with yellow and red roses. The perfect vintage style fabric for this vintage style dress.
The bodice on this one is fully lined, as per the instructions, but on my later version I converted the lining to a facing  - because let's face it - a lining means twice as many darts!

My daughter and I headed off down the road to the wetlands for an afternoon photo shoot. This proved challenging, as the scenery was a mixture of sunshine and shadow, plus the photographer was rather grumpy and did not enjoy being bossed around. Anyway, we didn't do too badly!














photobombed by a shadow!




No comments:

Post a Comment