A blog about things I like

If you are interested in quilting, patchwork, children's literature and books in general, you've come to the right blog.

Saturday 16 November 2019

Bettina - a swishy full circle skirt

I made a Bettina skirt using the new pattern from Rebecca Page - here's my review: A pretty swish looking, voluminous skirt. This one would be stunning in evening fabric for a special occasion, it really does have the wow factor. Instructions quite straight forward.

The skirt is made from five panels, with a waistband and an invisible zipper at centre back. I used a screen printed cotton I bought at Ikea many years ago, it has been waiting in my stash for a skirt such as this. I cut the skirt out on the cross grain to save fabric, and made sure to top and tail each pattern piece. Thank goodness the fish are not swimming in any particular direction! It does have pockets. The instructions say to use French seams, but normal seams do the job for pretty much all fabrics except the most delicate. 
Photo credit goes to my grumpy teenage daughter (she's only grumpy because she's embarrassed to be seen in public taking photos of her mother!)





No comments:

Post a Comment