A blog about things I like

If you are interested in quilting, patchwork, children's literature and books in general, you've come to the right blog.

Sunday 9 September 2018

Rayon Cactus Clara Dress

As a project for my sewing course at TAFE (aka Canberra Institute of Technology) I needed to sew a complicated garment. This one has pockets, buttons, a collar and bias trim at the sleeves so I figured it would be suitable. I used rayon from Spotlight, which wasn’t too hard to sew. I altered the pattern by adding a full bust adjustment, and added length to the skirt. I also made a placket for the neckline rather than finishing it with bias binding.
At the moment the elastic at the waistband is a little too tight, so when I get time I will replace it with a longer length. The side effect of the tight elastic is that it keeps riding up, but it won’t be hard to fix.  I really like the cute sleeves on this dress and I hope to make another one soon.




Pattern: Clara Dress
Designer: Sew Liberated
Fabric: Cimmaron Rayon from Spotlight

No comments:

Post a Comment