A blog about things I like

If you are interested in quilting, patchwork, children's literature and books in general, you've come to the right blog.

Saturday 15 September 2018

Sassy pocket skirt

I love the sassy pocket skirt pattern from Duck butt designs, and I have made several pairs both with and without shorts attached.
The pattern only has one finished length, but this is great because it uses 1 metre of fabric which I consider to be quite economical, and is cut on the bias making for a lovely flowy skirt.
I like to add pockets, and so far I have found the yoga style cotton Lycra waistband to be very comfy.

I have a blue dragon skirt, made an amazing print from local fabric lady Hey Penny. It’s a fairly thick cotton Lycra so not as flowy as the rest.
 




A gorgeous watercolour print with fireflies escaping from jar from Cheeky Chops


Light and luscious tropical print (left the shorts for this one as the bamboo stretch fabric is a little thin and I didn’t want to weigh it down )

I think this fabric was from Thread therapy but I can’t quite remember sorry!
My latest one was made  to wear on a cruise ship at Christmas last year,  and I added shorts in case my skirt flipped up in the breeze. I just adore these roses, it is a Euro cotton jersey but it is so soft and the drape is just perfect. The brand is called “Stenzo”and I bought it at Zebra fabrics





I must confess that I haven’t been wearing my sassy pocket skirts quite so much this year as I have lost some weight and the waistbands are now a bit too loose. I have been meaning to replace them with smaller waist bands - I guess that is a good TV job since I will need to sit and unpick all the overlocking!

No comments:

Post a Comment