A blog about things I like

If you are interested in quilting, patchwork, children's literature and books in general, you've come to the right blog.

Wednesday 15 August 2012

Thanks for the treasuries!

Today I am featuring some fellow Etsy sellers who have paid me the compliment of including my items in their treasuries. If you click on the photos, you'll go through to their shops. Thanks very much to Vickie from jewelflyt who taught me how to do this!


☂ ☂ ☂ ☂ ☂ ☂ ☂

This beautiful pencil roll is from Brisvegas based Etsy store Blue Jacaranda. I like the way it is made from pencil fabric, and it holds your pencils!

As well as groovy pencil rolls, Blue Jacaranda makes gorgeous art quilts. I am quite jealous of this skill, having completed only one art quilt so far. I would like to make some more...

Blue Jacaranda recently featured my rainbow twirly dress in her beautiful treasury "Do you dream in colour?". Now I don't dream much these days, but when I do it is definitely in colour!

☂ ☂ ☂ ☂ ☂ ☂ ☂

'Do you dream in colour?' by BlueJacaranda

Or in black and white?


Rainbow dress patchwork twir...
$75.00

Kimono silk pendant necklace...
$25.00

Felt Ball Garland Kids Rainb...
$22.00

Geometric Stud Earrings in B...
$8.00

White rustic wooden door. Pa...
$15.00

Citrus halves Ink and Waterc...
$80.00

4 x 6 Fine Art Print, "...
$7.50

Club Kid / Raver Tattoo Tie ...
$39.00

Crystal Colourful Star Brace...
$9.50

Black on White City Archival...
$14.00

Large Colourful Fused Glass ...
$45.00

Chevron cushion zigzag cushi...
$29.95

PSYCH 'B52' Classic ...
$210.00

Colourful Ribbon Canvas
$45.00

cherry photo black and white...
$30.00

A4 Colourful Snow Domes Prin...
$12.00



☂ ☂ ☂ ☂ ☂ ☂ ☂

Secondly, a lovely Hungarian seller named Little Woody Duck makes delightful little boxes for wedding rings and things. 

Also cute keyrings and coasters. 

☂ ☂ ☂ ☂ ☂ ☂ ☂

You can see how soft and natural the colour scheme is in Little Woody Duck's treasury. It is surprising how sweet my 80s dress pattern looks here!


'Summer #226' by LittleWoodyDuck



Necklace with Hand-Sculpted ...
$14.00

Girl's jumper pattern, w...
$4.00

the WATERFALL, Pure Simplici...
$52.00

Set with 2 pairs of VINTAGE...
$7.50

Wedding Tree Guest Book Prin...
$37.00

Lonely Bird Photography, Bir...
$24.00

Crochet scarf - mulberry coc...
$14.00

OOAK Set of 9 Wedding Hair P...
$50.00

Brown Champagne Wedding Flo...
$22.00

Earrings in light topaz glas...
$10.00

Earrings "Dew drop"...
$39.00

Owl Dangle Earrings, Fun Woo...
$8.00

Minimalist styled hand turne...
$99.00

Hammered Gold Circle Earring...
$28.00

Birthday Card Set, Minimalis...
$12.00

Origami earrings crane Japan...
$32.00



☂ ☂ ☂ ☂ ☂ ☂ ☂

In other shop news, Etsy has recently given sellers the chance to create an "About" page. You can click on "About" on the page of each shop to find out more about the seller. I finally got to organise my sewing space during the school holidays and press-ganged my daughter into taking some action shots of me at work.
This link will take you through to my About page and you can check out my sewing room, some of my baby dresses and the free range kangaroos that like to call my backyard home.
I have really enjoyed finding out more about the other Etsy sellers and in particular seeing how and where they do their crafting, creating and curating.




12 comments:

  1. Hi Hannah, thanks for featuring my items here on your blog! Best wishes from Brisvegas,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh very cool!! heading over to check out the treasuries above:) Need to find the time to put my own About page together . . .yours is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat quilt! Love seeing shops get highlighted from Etsy! It's a great way to find undiscovered gems in a sea of sellers.

    Great About page too. I need to set mine up. I love the fact that you re-purpose so much.
    Noelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice treasuries! And your about page is great!! I enjoy seeing how you transform fabrics into the cutest dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! I love your About Page. I haven't done it in my shop yet because I don't make very many things in my shop....I just shop like crazy. Hmmmm, maybe I can get someone to take pictures of me hunting for treasures??!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your treasuries are very pretty! I love the little pink treasure box.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful items and treasuries! I still need to do my about page...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post. I'm amazed at all the technical gymnastics you've mastered, like getting treasuries on your blog and putting in the link for visiting the curators shops. You're leaving me in the dust like the roadrunner.............beep beep

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you ever want a crash course in how to do those things, let me know!
    In fact, that could be a good blog post maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for showing us your About page. I've been considering how to do mine and I really like yours!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete